Sunday, October 2, 2011

MHQ and some lessons

Happy Sunday!  I'm LOVING the weather we currently have here in SC...it's in the high 60's/low (LOW) 70's...sunny...bit of a breeze...LOVE IT!  The fall here is my favorite time of year...cool, but not cold (until night, when you want it to be a bit chilly and pile on the blankets!)...it's supposed to warm back up to the low 80s the next week or so...but I guess I can deal with that, because it seems as though fall is finally on its way!

Anywho...got my MHQ top finished!  WOOHOO!  This quilt top has gone together so easy...I love working on more long term projects, but it's a lot of fun to put something together a little more quickly here and there.  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and start quilting it...or work on some farmer's blocks...dilemma!  Here is the finished quilt top:

and a big thank you to Girl (back on a chair) for modeling...speaking of Girl...she's decided she wants to learn to sew (she wants to make her own quilt)...so we pulled out the little machine...and started with a few "lessons":

mostly just practicing pedal control and learning about the 1/4" seam:



and to keep our fingers OUT from under the needle!  I really don't know HOW to teach someone to sew...let alone my own kid...who inherited my impatience and stubbornness...but...it appears



she's enjoying herself so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!