The temperature has slowly but surely been dropping (we are now enjoying ranges from 70 up to mid 80s) and the first time I have to wear long sleeves...my sewing mojo kicks into gear. Last weekend I had a terrible urge to start a new quilt...so I went through patterns I had stashed away and decided on Nantucket by Minick and Simpson.
I chose to shop my stash for the fabrics for this one, and I found everything I needed in old fat quarter bundles I had shoved on a shelf and forgotten about. The cutting wasn't too bad, but it took a fair amount of time getting the nine patches ready. I made pretty good progress in just one afternoon of work:
I picked it all up again yesterday and got to this stage:
and then to this stage:
That's 50 nine patches, so just over half of what I will need for this quilt. Since I was a bit bored with putting those together, decided to work on a few more stars:
And that's where I'm at...I hope to have it to finished quilt top stage by the end of the weekend. I do have to really finally finish my kiddo's halloween quilt. So, we'll see if I can meet both goals. Of course I also need to start on a few baby quilts, and the quilts that will be gifted for Christmas this year...so I guess I better get moving on something!