Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 20 and 21

Wow...2 more weeks have flown!  And I have barely gotten any exercise in...I went to Yoga once last week...have yet to make it this week.  So no plan, and not a whole lot to talk about.  But I'll try my best anyways.

This time last year I was prepping for my first Half Marathon.  And around this same time, I crashed and burned and did almost no training for close to a month.  So as I find myself in a similar scenario this year (races to run but no training happening) I have to really take a long look and try and figure out what is going on.  And I really think it's just that time of the year.  Summer is the worst time for me at work, and I've been going full throttle the past two weeks...whenever I do get home at the end of the day, the last thing on my mind is exercise.  I don't think this is a 100% bad thing.  I think it's my internal voice saying TAKE A BREAK!!  So I have been.   But the question comes...where do I go from here?

I've been feeling the mojo kick in a little bit the past two days or so...the WANT to run/exercise but haven't physically felt up to it yet.  So I think it means my body is just about ready to return to a training cycle.  I have a plan for it...

I plan to work the next few weeks on my running "base."  I would like to improve my overall running times, and to do that, I think I really need to go back to basics and work on those first 3 miles.  So for the next few weeks, that's what I will do.  I will go back to the plan that got me going in the first place...Couch to 5K!  Now...I will be doing some things different, I will still try for a "longer" run on the weekends, and still keep trying to go to yoga...but I think I want to spend a bit of time focusing on that shorter distance.  And in another month or so, get back to looking at the half marathon distance.  I want to arrive at my Fall half healthy and excited...so I don't need to go full throttle for any reason this summer.

So that's the plan...for now!

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to get motivated during the summer, the heat just about zaps everyone. Good luck with your revamped training plan.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!