Sunday, July 3, 2016

Stars and Stripes with Aqua

Well, I've got a finished Stars and Stripes quilt top!

This entire top was pieced straight out of my fabric stash.  Because I did not purchase anything specifically for this quilt, I did not have enough of the aqua solid that I used for the sashing of the blocks.  Fortunately I had another aqua print in my stash, that was close enough in color to be used for the borders.  I figure once it's quilted and washed up...I'll be the only one that will ever notice it's not an exact match.  I also plan to shop my stash for the backing, so for now, this one will go on  the "to be quilted" pile until I get the back figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!