Saturday, July 2, 2016

Stitching for the 4th

Yesterday while at work I was getting a powerful urge to stitch something.  I wanted a quick project, looking for that immediate gratification.  So last night as I was looking through quilt patterns, I remembered the lovely Stars and Stripes quilt by Camille Roskelley.  Into the cart the pattern went:


and then I was immediately up in the sewing room pulling fabrics:


and then set to cutting and stitching.  Total last night was maybe 3 hours, add an additional hour this morning (estimates here) and I had 15 flag blocks ready to go:


This is such a great pattern!  Quick to put together, big visual impact...I've started piecing the top together and should have that done before too long!  So now the goal is get it finished so it can be in use on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!