Tuesday, November 10, 2015

love the smell of new fabric in the morning...

It's been a long while since I ordered or purchased new fabric...and then last weekend I picked up a few pieces at my LQS (just a few 1/4 yard cuts of Gooseberry, of course I have zero plan for them, just liked them).  And then the other day I placed an order with Fat Quarter Shop and these goodies (all Kona cotton 10" squares) arrived:

and then yesterday I placed ANOTHER order (this one is a bit larger, adds up to 14 yards of fabric)...and hopefully it won't be long before that package arrives...


but I took one of the sets from above (the Julie Herman coordinates set) and got started turning it into HSTs:


and by the end of the week, hopefully this becomes a quilt top.  This is one of 5-6 quilts (and all solids...which is exciting as I've never done an all solids quilt before, and now I'm trying to do several in a short period of time) I'm trying to get done before December 25th. 

I don't know what it is about this time of year...but I must sew all of the things!  So that I can gift all of the things!

I love the madness of Christmas sewing!!!

1 comment:


  1. They can not do things, other people do not readily agree, once accepted, it is necessary to practice their promise.
    If we want to make friends, we need to do something for others - those who need to spend time, physical, considerate, dedication to do so.
    Time will pierce youth surface decoration, will be on the beauty of the forehead of the ditch dug shallow groove will eat rare! A born beauty, what can not escape his sickle for sweep.
    _______________________
    The games are amzing,let us together!
    Cheap RS Gold and http://www.rsgoldfast.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!