Sunday, September 2, 2018

the move in quilt

Well, thanks to a ridiculous trimming error on my part (i read the directions 3 times and still managed to trim my flying geese to the wrong size) I was unable to complete THE graduation quilt prior to dorm move in day.  Thankfully I had a quilt top that was designated to go to my girl that could be finished fairly quickly.

This Thicket quilt was gifted for Christmas 2016 and then sat in the "i'll finish that soon" pile for over 18 months.






The backing fabric used was a large piece of Anna Maria Horner Woodcut that I'd gotten ages ago and a feather print fabric that has only sat in my stash for about a year.

My girl helped out getting this one basted and prepped for quilting and it was nice to have that bit of time just doing something simple together.

I'm pretty pleased with how this one came out

and that it was the perfect finishing touch to her new bed in her new "home" (for the next 9 months at least).

and now I need to think about moving another quilt from the "to be finished" to the "finished" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!