Friday, May 20, 2011

ahhh...Friday....

I am so glad it's Friday!  I'm looking forward to a great weekend, and I'm hoping today is a fabulous kick-off!  No pics for this particular post;  haven't spent that much time sewing this past week.  I am close to finishing the second panel for my sister's quilt...but I'm still taking it nice and slow.  I am starting to get excited about getting the quilt top completed and then moving on to basting, quilting and binding.  This particular quilt looks good (well, at least that's what Guy tells me...Girl is pretty ambivalent about it) as the panels come together, but I honestly think the finished product is what really looks great.  At least the finished quilt top!  LOL!  Hopefully I'll get some time this afternoon or Sunday to really get the pieces put together...maybe then I can quilt next weekend.  I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to do for Julia's quilt.  I have some fabric that I love, but not sure if it's her style.  That and the list of people I want to make quilts for has grown...as has my fabric stash.  When I last went to the LQS, I picked up some pieces that weren't specifically for the quilt I was working on at the time...but I thought they were great and am very curious to pull them out again and play around and see if I actually have enough of a stash of items that work together!  I guess we'll see!  I can honestly say that what I'm really looking forward to is seeing what happens next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!