Monday, July 4, 2011

FWQAL Weeks 4-5, I've lost my mind

Sort of, the blocks for weeks 4 and 5 about did me in...well one of them (actually 2) almost had me throw up my hands and quit!  These blocks are a lot of fun, but a few of them take some serious concentration.  Some of them have more than their fair share of pieces!  I took a quick pic of block #7 after I had all the pieces cut out, so you could see all 40 little pieces...yeah...I said 40:

Let's just say that those 40 little pieces kept me busy for a few hours!  Anywho...a little about the letters in the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  You can feel how passionate these women were about their belief that their daughter SHOULD grow up to be a Farmer's Wife.  I read a few letters at a time, some letters I read a few times.  Their stories of what they feel they get from being the wives of farmers, and what they hope for for their children is quite lovely.  I'm enjoying this book for more than just the block patterns.

And now:

Block 7: Birds in the Air

Block 8: Bouquet

Block 9: Box

Block 10: Bowtie

and that officially gets me "caught up"!  Here are all 10 blocks together:

On to week #6!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your blocks and the fabric combination. I am doing the same as you and going in order so I don't get confused. I am on block 6 now and am DREADING the birds in the air block.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!