Tuesday, May 14, 2013

15 minute challenge...week 44

Checking in with Kate and the 15 minute challenge for the week!

Tuesday: Camo quilt

Wednesday: Camo quilt

Thursday: Camo quilt

Friday: laundry bags

Saturday: none

Sunday: none

Monday: none

So there you go, a 4 of 7 week and a deadline met and a quilt finished...and new fun stuff to play with!

On to this month's theme of fostering creativity...exploring other creative interests.  And I must say...other than sewing non-quilt items (bags usually), I don't really spend a lot of time pursuing other creative interests.  Two years ago, it was a completely different story.  I used to stamp, make cards, scrapbook, and pursue other paper craft interests.  And then I started sewing.  I did both paper crafts and sewing for awhile...but in the end, I really lost interest in the paper crafts.  Sewing became my major creative outlet.  I have kept some of my old paper crafting supplies and some stamps...but got rid of a TON of stuff.  And I have been so happy since I cleared all of that out.  It was sitting there for a long time and as much as I looked at it...I just couldn't do it.

So I consider sewing my major outlet...and figure that since I look to do more than quilts (love making bags!), then I have more than one creative sewing outlet.

2 comments:

  1. When you work outside the home and your children are at home, it's harder to have more then one creative interest. My other interest is photography, which I share with My Guy and Drama Teen, so it becomes family time. If we didn't have that bond, I wouldn't do as much of it.

    Great week, meeting a deadline is always a good thing. I'm sweating mine at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a finish. What bags are you making? I want to get in to that too, and to other sewing. Just haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!