Wednesday, August 6, 2014

last bits of summer...

In a few minutes we are setting out to my Girl's high school to pay fees (yuck) and pick up her course schedule for her freshman year.  I'm still not 100% ready to accept that she is indeed now a high schooler...but this is real life, and it is indeed happening...so I guess I can just have a bit of a sob about it later and move on.  I have to say that I am a excited for her...she was accepted into a challenging academic program that focuses on her favorite subjects, science and math.  This is not the school we are zoned for, we are very lucky to live in a school district that offers "school of choice" for the magnet programs and she was able to apply and was accepted into this high school's program. (after the "school of choice" application process...I'm dreading even more the eventual college application process...but that's a story for another day).  So basically...this all means that summer is coming to a close.

About a week ago I started a new quilt using the Red Letter Day pattern by Camille Roskelley.  I decided to pull out my Fox Field fabric by Tula Pink (background fabric is Kona Silver) and got to cutting:


and so far I have two blocks finished (somehow I have yet to manage a picture of the first block finished, but it is indeed all together):


and this one:

and I love it so far!  I'm excited to get this all done!  But for now...off to high school I go...and then I still have to go to work today...urg...I'm ready to just stay home!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blocks!

    High school is going fast. Mine was a freshman last year!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!