Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 26-28

Brought to you on a Thursday!  It's been a wild and crazy few weeks!  This is going to be a short catchup post...and hopefully will get back on track with the weekly update next week!

I took the last week of July off from just about everything.  I was working nights and was way too tired to consider working out.  It works out great that I did that, as the next week started up official half marathon training for my November half. 

I am very glad that I had been doing many short runs just working on my running basics because it made the transition to an actual training cycle pretty easy.  I also feel I do better when I'm in a training cycle.  I'm much more motivated to get out there because I know I'm working towards a goal of finishing a race (and hopefully in better time than before). 

So far for the month of August I'm up to 17.7 total miles, with my long run so far having been 4.5 miles.  I'm aiming for 5.5 - 6 this weekend and then I'll take a step back next weekend to "recover" before going for 7-8 miles.  I'm hoping to actually build up to around 14-15 miles for my final long run before the race.  We'll see!  My ultimate goal is to make it through this training cycle without injury, so that I can finish the race and then return to training pretty quickly not long after the race.  I'm very very tempted to add another race this year, in December...but I gotta see how that all is going to work out.  I'm also looking ahead to next years races...and I want to do more than I did this year.  And on top of all of that...I'm seriously considering trying to do a full marathon before I turn 40...which means I have a little bit of time to work towards that...but not much!

So that's pretty much where I'm at right now! 

1 comment:

thank you for taking the time to comment!