Wednesday, August 20, 2014

wellness wednesday...ep. 29

Happy Hump Day!  Woohoo!  I'm so happy for this week to be mostly over!  We started High School yesterday...and I'm already more worn out from that than my regular job!

anyways...this week's edition focuses on speed...as in the lack of speed I've been displaying on my runs.  I'm struggling mightily with my pace (i.e. I feel like I'm not going fast enough) so my runs lately have been more of a mental battle than a physical battle.  What I'm trying to determine is if my pace has really dropped off that much, and if so, why has it dropped off...or if it's just I'm expecting too much this early in the training cycle.  If my pace has really dropped off that much, then I need to look at if I'm over training or if I'm doing too much and over training.  Personally I feel that I'm doing the right amount, so that makes me think that this is mental.  It's the game of "why aren't you faster by now" and "you were so much faster last training round" vs.  this is where I'm supposed to be right now/I'm only 3 weeks in to training there is no way I can be that fast.

I figure I'll give it a few more weeks and re-evaluate (unless, heaven forbid, I injure myself or exhibit further physical decline).  My half is still a long way off, so there is time to work it all out.

My goal for this next week is to re-introduce cross-training days, I've slacked on them quite a bit and I know I need them to truly be successful.

Mileage for the month is just a hair over 30, so I'm pretty happy with that as well.

That's all I've got for today...catch back up with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!