Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Double Slice Times Two

I finished up the last two Christmas gifts over the past two days.  I used this tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company to make a pink and a blue version of the Double Slice quilt.  Here's the pink:


and here's the blue:


These quilts are headed to two sisters, my lovely youngest nieces.  I hope they enjoy them.


I love this quilt pattern and plan on using it again!  That will pretty much wrap up my finishes for this year.  I have at least one other quilt top I want to get finished before the ball drops tomorrow night, but I plan on doing some hand quilting on it, so it won't be a final finish for a long while.

Details:
Fabric: Top - Kona Cotton 10 inch squares in Fragrant Fuchsia (pink) and Sky Gazer, backing is a print purchased from Hancock in both blue and pink
Batting: Pellon
Thread: piecing - Aurifil, quilting - Pink: superior threads; blue: Aurifil


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!