I started my Red Letter Day quilt blocks way back in August of last year. I finished all 9 of the blocks 3 months ago (according to instagram at least) and blogged them briefly here. Yesterday I finally turned them into a quilt top:
I've got backing fabric for this quilt already, and I plan to get this one basted and ready for quilting in the next day or so. But then I plan on doing some hand quilting with these:
so who knows when it will actually be finished. (I will do some machine quilting to anchor the quilt and make it more sturdy and long lasting). Looking forward to having a slow stitching project...of course it would be better if the weather cooperated with being covered up with a quilt...but supposedly some chilly weather is on the way. I'll believe it when I see it.