Friday, September 30, 2011

a new project and a dilemma

Ok...if I haven't told any of you...I'm obsessed with Sweetwater's line Hometown...I adore all of the prints...and the colors...and everything about it!  So...I totally allowed myself to be distracted from current works in progress to get started on a new project...and because I'm incredibly selfish...this one is all for me (and will now be referred to as MHQ)!

I started with 4 of these:

and because I love the prints and colors...I couldn't imagine cutting them down any smaller...so I started doing this:

and then that turned into this:

and well...a couple of days later...I have this:

and by the end of the weekend...I'll have a completed quilt top (I'd say a completed quilt...but I have to do yard work tomorrow (yuck) so I must put it off a bit!

And now...the dilemma...I was planning on using Pom Pom de Paris for T's quilt...and had a pattern all sketched out...but then...I picked up some of these:

and now...I'm very torn...to go with the original plan...or to try something else with some Ruby...or something very classic with the Butterscotch and Roses...oh who knows!  LOL!  I best make a decision soon...and I'm really leaning towards Ruby right now...but that may change after a good nights sleep...hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!