Sunday, October 14, 2012

a rainbow of goodness!

I am IN LOVE!  Seriously...in LOVE!  I can't even tell you how excited I am to see all of my Scrappy Stash QAL blocks all together!!!  (yep...got 36 of 36 completed!!!).  So much so that I'm contemplating putting together another 36 for an additional quilt!  (I'm really thinking Christmas gifts here for two of my nieces that I have yet to sew for!!!)...I'm like a kid in the candy store and I'm in LOVE!!!  and now...to catch you all up to where I'm at!

Last time I posted I had completed the Red, Blue, Gray, Green and Pink blocks.  Well here we go with the rest (in order of completion):

Yellow:

Orange:

Purple:

Brown:

(shockingly enough...I'm totally digging the brown...and I was sure the might be a mistake!).

One serious bonus to finishing these blocks...I discovered some fabric that I had completely dismissed as "never going to use" in my stash...and now I have plans for it!!!

and now...serious drum roll here...all the blocks together...and the point in time where I jumped around like an insane goofball!

First...the 9 color groups:

and Last...all 36 blocks:

oHeMGeeee!  I am now trying to figure out the final layout for the top...I had started with one idea...and have completely thrown it out the window...I think I know what I want to do...just going to have to lay it all out and see!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love those rainbow blocks. Looking forward to seeing how you set them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lesley. I was drooling over your blocks on Flickr so I came over to check out your blog. Love. It!! I am a new follower :) Can't wait to see how you finish the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can see why you are so excited about this project~!
    it's wonderful. looking forward to seeing how you decide to set them.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!