Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 7

I am now just 72 hours away from my half marathon!  My brain is in overload here, so let's just dig in to the plan and what I did:
  • Wednesday: 30 mins bike 30 mins bike
  • Thursday: 3-4 mile run 3.6 miles run on treadmill
  • Friday: 30 mins bike Rest
  • Saturday: 6 mile run 6 mile run
  • Sunday: Rest, maybe some yoga Rest
  • Monday: 2-3 mile run Rest
  • Tuesday: Rest 2.7 miles on treadmill, a lot of walking
The last runs I did were quite the mixed bag.  The Thursday run was great, but I may have overdid it speed wise because come Saturday's run, my legs were just kinda meh.  And yesterday's run was terrible!  I'm hoping that I've got the bad runs out of my system and will be fine on Saturday.  It's now a mental game...every little "owie" feels magnafied in my brain, my legs feel like lead...and I'm just plain tired.  A lot of this is nerves, and I remember feeling similarly before my first half last fall.  So I just have to hang in there and rest up, eat right and hydrate!  On to this week's plan:
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 13.1 miles
  • Sunday: Yoga for Runners
  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: Yoga for Runners
Yeah...not too exciting.  But post race will be recovery time.  I'm going to aim for taking a full week off from running, might add some bike in sometime next week, and just stretch and roll and recover. I'll post a race recap early next week to let everyone know how it went! 

1 comment:

thank you for taking the time to comment!