Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 11

Happy Wednesday!  We (and by we I mean the kiddo) are on Spring Break this week, so I've actually only been working half-days to kind of hang out with her in the afternoons.  Which I would have thought to be a bit of a challenge to getting my workouts in...but so far so good!

Here is how the past week has gone (plan vs. what I actually did in Red):
  • Wednesday: Rest (I did yard work) rest/yardwork
  • Thursday: Yoga Yoga - 1 hour class
  • Friday: 3 mile run 2.69 miles...it was terrible!
  • Saturday: 30 min bike rest
  • Sunday: 3-4 mile run 4.3 mile run!
  • Monday: Rest rest
  • Tuesday: Yoga 3.35 mile run followed by a 1 hour yoga class!  (OH YEAH!!)
What a crazy week!  That run on Friday was absolutely miserable!  Nothing felt good (except the last like 1/2 mile, but I wasn't willing to go any further to test how it felt, so called it early), I was just plain unhappy.  This followed a not so great time at yoga class on Thursday, I didn't do a good job of releasing all of my tension, so I left the class feeling a bit unsettled.  Because of how rotten I was feeling, I didn't do anything on Saturday (well a little more yardwork, but nothing major).  Thankfully everything turned around for me by Sunday.  Sunday's run and yesterday's run went great.  And then to follow up yesterday's run with a great yoga class...BONUS!  I was having a few issues with my hip cramping a bit, so the teacher gave me a couple of stretches to do instead of the pose the rest of the class was working on and those stretches helped tremendously.  I am so glad that I am able to take yoga classes a short distance from my house and that the teachers are just the best! 

Anywho...I talked about coming up with a new training plan for this fall's half marathon last week.  And I'm still working on that.  I plan on doing some more reading and research, but I'm really thinking I'm just going to develop my own...which is going to be pretty similar to the one I used before my last half...but with a few changes.  I'll fill you in on that more next week!  And now for this week's plan:
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: something (I may run or I may cross train, I may take another yoga class)
  • Friday: 3 mile run
  • Saturday: 30 min bike
  • Sunday: 4 mile run
  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: 3 mile run
I am going to go ahead and say that this plan may change in the next few hours or days...it is Spring Break after all!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having mainly good days. Good luck with your new training plan.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!