Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 12

WOW!  So last week I was applauding myself for staying close to target, well it all went to pieces after that!  But it was Spring Break, so no major issue there!  Here is how it all worked out (plan in black, what I did in red):
  • Wednesday: Rest Rest
  • Thursday: something (I may run or I may cross train, I may take another yoga class) I hiked all over an amusement park for 5 hours and then went up about 4 flights of stairs about 20 times at an indoor waterpark...aka...cross training
  • Friday: 3 mile run more cross training of the stair type
  • Saturday: 30 min bike rest after all the cross training
  • Sunday: 4 mile run rest
  • Monday: Rest rest
  • Tuesday: 3 mile run 1 hour yoga class
I'm still working out how I plan to proceed with my running plan.  Right now I'm just looking a week at a time.  The more I read about running and the training process, the more I am leaning towards developing my own plan as a hybrid of others.  Big thing...I'm keeping on the yoga!  I want to take yoga class twice a week, but it hasn't worked out that way the past few weeks, so I want to improve that area.  The class schedule will be changing a bit next month, so we'll see how it all works out. 

One area that I've been trying to really work on is my eating habits, I've been really not pleased with how I've been eating the past few months, so I'm trying to really clean that up.  So I'm trying to strike a balance on eating well and working out regularly.  When I concentrate on one more than the other...well it gets all out of whack!

Here is this week's plan:
  • Wednesday: 2-3 mile run
  • Thursday: yoga
  • Friday: 3 mile run
  • Saturday: bike or rest
  • Sunday: 3-4 mile run
  • Monday: rest
  • Tuesday: yoga (and maybe a run)
So that's that!  I've actually done some sewing lately, just haven't got around to blogging it yet! 

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to balance the work out's and eating plans, especially when you work and have kids. It always seems like you have to be somewhere else with no time to cook. Let me know if you come up with a good solution.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!