Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wellness Wednesday...2015 Ep. 1

Happy Wednesday!  This Wellness Wednesday started on Thursday, January 1...so it's not a full week, but it's a great start to the year!

First my 2015 goals:

  1. Run 600 miles this year
  2. Run a full marathon (already signed up for this, it's in December, lots of time to prepare!)
  3. Finish 2 half marathons in March, injury free
  4. CROSS TRAIN!!! (what's going to help me attain goal #2 and #3)
  5. YOGA (in addition to cross training, not in place of)
  6. Nutrition
To accomplish the mileage goal, I need to average 50 miles/month, which I think is very doable considering the last 3-4 months of the year I'll be marathon training.  Yeah, I signed up to run a full marathon...only mild panic happening with that.  The two half marathons in March will be the only races that length for the year (maybe), but I will be doing lots of 5k races as well. As for cross training and yoga, I've got to get it back in gear!  I was able to run a faster half in March last year than I was in November last year because I was cross training, and the yoga helped keep me injury free for the most part.  Last...nutrition.  My eating habits have gotten out of control, and I really need to be back to fueling my body properly, get my weight back down, and feeling healthier.
So there ya go!  


and now, how it went this week:

Thursday: 3.54
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 4.55
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3.25

Weekly Mileage: 11.3
YTD Mileage:11.3

Nutrition has been pretty decent the last few days.  I'm back to counting my calories and balancing my carbs/protein/fats/etc.  It's all about developing the habits (or more accurately, re-developing the habits) that got me to where I wanted to be 18 months ago. 

So there ya have it!  Have a happy and healthy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!