Sunday, January 1, 2012

End...and then Begin!

Happy New Year (and a belated very Merry Christmas!)...as I recover from the post-holiday hangover (figuratively...not so much literally!)...and as I start the New Year (still can't believe it's 2012...I'm still trying to figure out where the heck 2011 went!)...it's time to close out one project that was finished several weeks ago...and share with you a new (sort of) project that i started several weeks ago...but will end up as the first finish of 2012!

First up...the end...finished this project right after Thanksgiving...a friend had requested a quilt similar to the one I made for Guy...only in a different set of school colors and fabrics (this actually kind of hurt to put together...but hey...not everyone can be perfect and love the LONGHORNS!)...so here it is:

Top:

Back:

I'm calling this one TTH's quilt...since it was for my friend TT's hubby!  and there ends the 2011 quilts!

and now...to Begin...

I actually started this one several weeks ago...it was a gift for a friend who was welcoming a new little one to the family in November...Originally this quilt was going to be made up of this...but it ended up not doing it for me when I started to think about the little girl it was going to...so...I got to work...

specifically this pattern...

and a little bit of this...

and a little more of that (original # of squares required for the pattern was going to end up with a piece just a bit small for what I wanted...so did a double set of squares)...

and I started to end up with a little of this...

which today...became this...


(many thanks to Girl...the ultimate quilt model!)  it now just need some borders added to the top...and for me to piece together the back...and get it quilted...and bound...etc...

so there we have it...an End to the 2011 Quilts...and a Beginning to the 2012 Quilts!

Happy 2012 all!  Hope your begin is as productive and satisfying as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!