Tuesday, October 22, 2013

15 minute challenge...

Happy Tuesday!  I'm feeling so great right now having gotten back in my sewing space over the past week!  I wasn't 7 for 7...but let's see how it all worked out in the 15 minute challenge this week:

Tuesday: none
Wednesday: none
Thursday: the slab, Starburst
Friday: Starburst
Saturday: Starburst, applique
Sunday: appliqued baby stuff
Monday: none

So...4 of 7...not bad at all!  Plus I started working on a new skill...and learned a tiny bit about applique.  So far I'm enjoying it, but I want to learn more! 

Taking a bit of time off (even though it wasn't by choice) was both a blessing and a curse.  It was great because I felt invigorated...I was ready to conquer the world and get all kinds of stuff done...at the same time it was terrible because just starting on anything was a bit overwhelming.  All I could see was piles of UFOs staring at me (not really, many were packaged up and out of the way).  So I faced them...pulled out several and decided on one to finish up.  So my Starburst quilt top got finished.  Of course who knows when it will get quilted and bound and officially finished...but it's not sitting in pieces any more...so moral victory!!!

2 comments:

  1. You had a good week. Congrats on facing being overwhelmed and still getting a UFO to the finished flimsy stage!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!