Friday, May 9, 2014

ALYoF - May update

I'm happy to say I've made a bit of progress on my May A Lovely Year of Finishes goal (original post here).  I bounced between patterns and trying to figure out fabric and it all fell into place today!  I had been digging through my stash and had almost decided on using some Fig Tree Butterscotch and Roses for the quilt, but came across a little over half a jelly roll of Fig Tree Strawberry Fields...and I liked the idea of using that much more than the other.  But then I couldn't figure out what pattern or how to put together a quilt with less than a full jelly roll...so random googling of jelly roll baby quilts popped up the Fat Quarter Shop Jelly Roll Jam pattern...and BINGO!  We have a winner!


I have enough strips of fabric, and I really like how this combo works together!  I think this will make a really sweet baby quilt!  Now...off to start stitching!

update: it took about 2 hours...and here is the quilt top:


I love the ease of this pattern and how cute it looks!  Now I think I may take myself off to my LQS to procure some backing fabric to get this beauty finished!

1 comment:

thank you for taking the time to comment!