Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep. 16

I am so happy to be able to say that I'm finally over that ridiculous cold!  I still have a little residual cough, but not enough to keep me from being active! 

So on Monday I ran for the first time in 2 weeks (and it felt great!  I bought a new pair of running shoes on Sunday!) and last night made it to yoga (again, first time in 2 weeks).  Of the two...I think yoga was tougher.  I as seriously dripping sweat last night...my shirt was soaked by the time we got finished.  But it felt GREAT!  And even better, another person in the class told me "good job"...and that they had thought to themselves as class was going on "that girl is working."  It reminded me why I truly enjoy attending yoga class.  I was terrified at first, I wanted to try yoga so bad, but was super nervous about everything.  The first class was great, and definitely made me want to come back, but more than anything, I feel COMFORTABLE attending yoga class.  I never worry that someone is going to be judging me or watching me or laughing at me.  We laugh together...at ourselves and each other, and we do so openly. 

My mom has asked me about yoga and if I enjoy it, she would like to try it as well, but not sure where to go for classes.  She has some of the same fears I had when I first started, that the other people in the class would make the class uncomfortable.  I explained to her the vibe in my classes and she's really looking for the same thing.  I hope she's able to find something near her! 

Anyways...point of all of this...don't be afraid to try something new.  If I had allowed my fears and nerves make the decision for me, I never would have attended yoga and found out how much I love it! 

Now on to this week's plan:
  • Wednesday: 3 mile run
  • Thursday: yoga
  • Friday: bike
  • Saturday: 3-4 mile run
  • Sunday: rest
  • Monday: 3 mile run
  • Tuesday: yoga
Later!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your plan for the week. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!