Monday, April 25, 2011

good intentions...

So...the end tales of the road to mom's quilt (each quilt I have made is essentially referred to using the name of the person for whom it was made...i.e. Girl's quilt, Guy's quilt, and now Mom's quilt)...I had TRULY good intentions once I got all of the strip sets sewn together...got everything cut (which went very quickly!) and sorted like this:

well then after reading the next step in the PS I Quilt Postage Stamp Quilt Tutorial, I started gathering my sets for each block...and had it all laid out...

and got to sewing!  and then i realized...I was off somewhere in my layout of sets...everything was going to be off!  So then I picked through the yummy sets and well...it started to look way less organized:

eventually I had to just condense it all back down to the original stacks and keep going from there. as I got the blocks done and then the rows completed, I was really falling in love with how the color story played out:

it was yummy looking (to me at least!)...and then came time to assemble to full quilt top...and I had all of this to put together...and panic set in!  This quilt was going to be much larger than I had realized...and I figured there was NO WAY I was going to get it done!  (I am really not ready to quilt something that large...I haven't even put together a HST yet!!!).

So...it was decision time...and I decided to go with a lap size quilt (which will actually become two lap size quilts when I get around to finishing the other one, the quilt top is just about done for it already...)  And since I was going with the lap size...I added a border to increase the overall size just a bit...got it basted, quilted, and bound...and here it is (modeled by Mom!):

and the back:

I LOVE this quilt!  I think it's my most favorite yet!  and now...time to change my fabric on deck stats on the side and move Patisserie (by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda) (red fabric for binding and strip in backing is from Martinique by 3 Sisters for Moda, the white solid is a muslin I picked up from my local store, no idea manufacturer) to the finished column!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!