Saturday, April 2, 2011

a love/hate relationship

Ok...love quilting...really enjoy the whole process...however, there are certain aspects of quilting that I have a serious love/hate relationship with...

First...the iron...I am NOT a fan of ironing...I LOVE how a freshly ironed piece of clothing (or quilt square) looks...but HATE the iron...I think the iron is evil...I can't begin to tell you how many times I have burned myself with the iron (going back to Navy Boot Camp many years ago)...but it is a necessity...takes this pile:

and makes it all smooth and pretty into this:

in quilting ironing is MUST...so maybe I will eventually learn to love the whole ironing thing...even though I seriously doubt it!  I try to make the whole ironing process a little more fun...watching some Les Miserables (LOVE) while ironing definitely makes the work more enjoyable!

Second...the seam ripper...

the first day I sat down to work on a quilt (just over a month ago now...) first thing hubby really said was "here is the seam ripper...it is your FRIEND."  I'm glad I have one...glad it works well....HATE having to use it!  Not that my seams will ever be perfect...or that I won't ever sew the wrong pieces together (or going in the wrong direction...or upside down...or twist up the back of a quilt and stitch it all together, like I did last weekend)...just wish I didn't have to!

Last...well...no hate in this relationship...meet Goldie:

I LOVE her!  She's just perfect!

Now off to put the borders on this quilt top (now displayed by Guy who needs no chair):

and get it all layered, basted, quilted and bound for Girl on the Chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!