Thursday, April 14, 2011

a work in progress...

I've been slowly, but surely, working my way through the PS I Quilt Postage Stamp Tutorial.  This quilt is for my Mom...so I've been taking my time, trying not to rush myself...however, I intended it to originally be a gift for her for Easter...so I'm working on 1 week left to get it done...so it may end up a Mom's Day present!  LOL!

I started out separating my Fig Tree Patisserie (from Moda fabrics) Jelly Roll into color groups and trying to find a nice "flow" between the colors...here is what I ended up with:


Working on this particular project, I am very thankful to have my iPad!  It's fantastic to have the directions right in front of me without fiddling with a stack of paper! (and the iPad is getting use as something other than a place to play games or hit twitter with)


No idea how the colors will really work when the piecing is complete...but I'm excited to see!  I've been working my way through the 16 strip sets:


I absolutely love these fabrics!  I'm using a plain muslin I picked up at the fabric store as my solid pieces and I think it's working out pretty well.  Again...I'm excited to see how it all turns out...just gotta get through the legwork!  I have these sets left to put together


and then it's cutting time!  Hope to have the final 6 sets done by tomorrow, so I can get to cutting the pieces.  Off to stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!