Monday, August 13, 2012

15 minute challenge...week 5

This should totally be week 9 or 10...but life is what happens when you'd rather be sewing!  So, I'll keep it as week 5!

Tuesday - Friday: nothing (again...life)

but then I jumped full in!

Saturday: block 2 of the FQS 2012 Designer Mystery BOM, bound this quilt, and got the urge to finish up a UFO, so I pieced the back and started quilting this quilt:

it's a very random, completely "go with the wind" FMQ...Girl LOVES it!  Now all I have left is to bind!

Sunday: finished block 3 of the FQS Designer Mystery BOM!

Monday: started the sashing on my Terrain Swoon!  (bout time!)

Feeling so good to be back in the sewing swing of things!  One thing I did this weekend that I found very helpful...I have a short attention span, and I hate rethreading my machine (not that it's difficult, just puts a stop to things!)...so I kept sewing on something that went with whatever thread was already in my machine...kept me interested because I'd finish up a piece of one thing (BOM), and then move to a different project (Terrain Swoon) because the thread matched!

I'm linking up at Life in Pieces!  Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. I do so hate those weeks where life just gets in the way of getting some sewing done, but it does happen. You got a lot done this weekend. Love your Swoon blocks. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!