Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Amy Butler Cameo Sew-a-long...Episode 4!

Welcome to Episode 4 of my project for the Amy Butler Cameo Sew-a-long!  You can see how I arrived at this point by taking a look at Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3!

In this episode...I get the bag put together (and have a little second guessing of myself!)... :)

Up first...After getting the exterior and lining pieces all pieced...it was time to get the two put together...and this involved more pinning...again...my LEAST favorite thing to do...but fear not...I pinned (and poked and pricked my fingers quite a few times...but that's a different story entirely!) like nobody's business!

and a close up...like I said...there was much pinning happening!


and then...one piece at a time, up first, the button loop:


and then I sllooowweddd my machine down so that I would have more control over the next steps:


And it was time to add one of the bias binding strips to one side:


and then prepped for topstitching:


and did the same on the other side, and stitched the button loop going in the proper direction, and here is where I ended up:



and this is also where I started to second guess my fabric selection (not the main body fabric...but the binding fabric)...not sure it was enough contrast to really pop...and then I said...oh well now!  LOL!  So that's it for this episode...next up...the grand finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!