Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sewing inspired...

Reviewing my 2013 goals really kick started me to get one of them finish.  Girl's Christmas quilt.  I have been planning it since last fall sometime…I knew I wanted to use Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas…but only had 12 fat quarters…my LQS had some of the yardage so I had picked up a cut or two…but most of those ended up being used in other things…

Inspiration struck in the form of the St. Louis 16 patch, and I happened to have some Kate Spain, In from the Cold…and the two lines worked together with a few other fabrics being pulled from my stash…some Bella Pistachio and Pearl Bracelets in a really light grey, a little Joel Dewberry heirloom…and a fat quarter that I'm not entirely sure what it is or where it came from…

These blocks go together so fast!  So before too long…I had a lovely stack of blocks, and now I have this:


A finished flimsy!  I ended up making mine 5x5, so I made 3 "scrappy" 16-patches to bring me to the correct number of blocks.  Girls says she loves it.  I love it…there may be some fighting over this one…once I finish it of course!




1 comment:

thank you for taking the time to comment!