Sunday, December 1, 2013

keeping busy...

Wow…I've been a busy little sewing bee this weekend!  Something about having goals and challenges just gets my motivation up and running!  So let's see what I have done since my last post…(all pics via Instagram, you can follow me over there @lesleyworth)…

I did a teensy bit of shopping…fabric and running pants (odd combo?)…


minus the gray print and the black and white polka dots…all of the above fabrics were purchased for quilt backs…

so then I got to stitching and finished up my simply herringbone quilt top:


I'm going to be 100% honest here…there is something about Quilt-as-you-go that doesn't sit well with me…I think it's because of the stretch that can happen and make pieces a bit wonky…this top does not lay very smoothly…so we'll see how the finishing goes…(not to mention the mess it makes of my machine)

and then I pieced 4 quilt backs…(not pictured…it was…well…kinda boring)

and in the middle of all of this I decided to make us new Christmas stockings:


and then I basted the herringbone quilt and this one


and then I took all the leftover bits from the St. Louis 16-patch and stitched them all together and now I have this:

and I have no idea what to do with it…might become a table runner…might just sit there!

and now it's time to do a little bit of quilting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!