Thursday, February 20, 2014

something new...

We are already over half way in to February and I hadn't started a new quilt yet...and then we had the lovely snow and ice storm last week that left me trapped in my sewing room...so I started something new!

I was randomly hopping through quilting blogs and came across this pattern, Movement in Squares by Wendy Sheppard, and I immediately knew I wanted a quilt like that!  I've been holding on to some fat quarters of Joel Dewberry Notting Hill (in pink) and thought that this pattern would be great to use them in! 


I had done a bit of cutting, after I took a good while to decide which fabric to use where...and then we lost power (only for a few hours last Thursday) and haven't quite made my way back to my sewing room since...so now I have some sewing goals for this weekend.  I'd like to get the rest of the fabric cut for this one and start piecing and get my borders on to my Lucky Jam quilt...

I'll catch up with you sometime this weekend to see how much progress I've made!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you find some time to make it back to your sewing room. Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!