Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wellness Wednesday...Ep.4

Welcome to Episode 4 of Wellness Wednesday...where it is revealed that I cannot stick to a plan!!  (but I have a good excuse!!)...so here was my "plan" with what I really did in red:
  • Wednesday: 20-30 mins cross train rest
  • Thursday: 20-30 mins cross train rest
  • Friday: 3 mile run (hope I will be running by this point)rest
  • Saturday: Rest rest
  • Sunday: 5 mile run 7.7 mile run
  • Monday: Rest rest
  • Tuesday: 3-4 mile run rest
Yep...not much success.  HOWEVER...it's because of my toe injury!  Majority of last week I could barely stand having a shoe on my foot.  So even though cross training should have been something I could accomplish easily...when you can't handle having a shoe on...not much can be done.  A lot of this was because I had to wear close toed shoes for work...so after I got off work on Thursday, I didn't put shoes on again until Sunday when I went for a run.  I probably shouldn't have gone running and let my toe heal some more...but my whole body was screaming for a run!!!  And my work schedule this week has not had me home at a good hour to run or workout, but thankfully the toe is healing and I should be good to continue my half marathon training.

Speaking of...only a few weeks left!  I've got to get some double digit runs in so that I mentally feel prepared!  Here is my plan for this week:

  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: 3-4 mile run
  • Friday: 2-3 mile run
  • Saturday: rest
  • Sunday: 9-10 mile run
  • Monday: yoga for runners
  • Tuesday: 3-4 mile run

I sort of kind of have a plan to head to the treadmill tomorrow before work so that I can get my run in before I spend all day on my feet.  Just have to get my sorry self to bed on time and out the door on time (no snoozing the alarm!!).

I just want to get this particular half in the books...I think it's really messing with my head because I've already done a half marathon, so I know physically I can do this...but mentally it's screwing with me because I want to do better and be more prepared and I feel like my training plan and my feet (one toe at a time) are falling to pieces!  And more than anything...I want a new pair of running shoes...but I only have about 150 miles on my current pair...so I refuse to replace them until I've gotten through this training and half marathon (at a minimum).  I'll talk more about running shoes next week, time to eat dinner and aim for that early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!