Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wellness Wednesday

Hope this morning finds you safe and sound and warm!  We are bracing for "the sky is falling" part 2...and for this one I'm a bit concerned as we are expecting quite a bit of ice...so we'll see how it goes!

On to Wellness Wednesday...here was my plan for last week with what I actually did in Red:
  • Wednesday: 3-4 mile run Rest
  • Thursday: 2 miles OR 30-40 mins cross-training Rest
  • Friday: 30 mins cross-training and yoga for runners 4.2 mile run
  • Saturday: 5-6 mile run Rest (on my feet all day at an event for my Girl)
  • Sunday: rest, yoga for runners (maybe) 6.3 mile run
  • Monday: 3 miles Rest
  • Tuesday: cross-train Rest (weather induced)
There were quite a few rest days...but my legs were still really flat and tight after the previous week's 10 mile long run.  So I let how I was feeling determine what I was going to be doing that day.  Especially with a race happening this weekend!  So my plan for this week:

  • Wednesday: 20-30 mins cross train, yoga for runners
  • Thursday: 20 mins cross train, yoga for runners
  • Friday: Rest (will be walking around the race expo)
  • Saturday: Relay Race!  I'll be running a 6 mile leg!
  • Sunday: Rest
  • Monday: 3-4 mile run
  • Tuesday: Cross train
  • Wednesday: 3-4 mile run

And now I'm going to do some sewing.  Not knowing what exactly the weather is going to do, but knowing that I'm staying home...means I have some free sewing time right now!

Be back next Wednesday to let you know how it went!

1 comment:

  1. You have to listen to your body on those days. Hope you end up with minimal ice. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!