Thursday, December 25, 2014

Blueberry Cake

So excited to share the final finish of this one!  I finished it Tuesday night, just in time to deliver yesterday!  I'm incredibly proud of the fact that all of the fabric (with the exception of the backing) was from my stash.  The batting was even a package I had won at the 2013 Sew South!  The pattern was great and the rows went together pretty quickly.  It's a queen sized quilt, so it took time to get everything all together, and was a pain to quilt.  I only did some straight line quilting, and it's far from perfect.  But I really like it and I hope the recipients do too!

Here it is:


Details:
Pattern - Fat Eighth Frenzy by Fat Quarter Shop
Fabric - Top: Blueberry Crumb Cake and Nature's Basket by Blackbird Designs; Northcote Range by Cabbages and Roses; some Prairie Paisley 2 by Minick and Simpson, and some pieces I just don't know.  Backing - ABS Paisley from Hancock Fabrics
Batting - Warm and White
Thread - Mettler

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!