Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas surprise

I can finally reveal my secret sewing!  I made this one for my beautiful daughter who happens to be a pretty intense Dr. Who fan.



I've been steadily stitching on it since the beginning of the month.  It got a bit tougher when I decided to make Blueberry Cake , so much sewing, so little time.  I put the final stitches in the binding Christmas morning before everyone was awake.

I think my biggest gift this year was the smile on my baby girls face when she opened it up!



Details:
Pattern - Relatively Dimensional by Hunters Design Studio (on a side note, a fantastic pattern, easy to follow, very clear instructions and the fabric guide is fantastic!)
Fabric - kona solids: Nightfall, ocean, Fog, Silver, Citrus; backing was a random piece large enough in my stash; Police Box and Posting were printed on Kona cotton from Spoonflower
Batting - soft n' crafty
Thread - Mettler (piecing and quilting)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!