Tuesday, March 19, 2013

15 minute challenge...week 36

Happy Tuesday!  and we are already over half way through March...and heading very quickly to spring (had to start taking allergy meds again...ick).  Time to check in with Kate and the 15 minute challenge!

I actually did some sewing the past week, all of 2 days, but that wasn't for lack of trying or enthusiasm.  I am prepping for Sew South, so I have spent quite a bit of time with fabric and odds and ends, but only 2 days of sewing.  It's an improvement over previous weeks, so I'll take it!

Last night I quickly put together a strap cover for my camera using this tutorial at Moda Bake Shop (so quick and easy to put together! fabric = Ruby by Bonnie&Camille):

I like it!  I'm so excited for this retreat!  It's really sparking my creativity!  And it also happens to fit in with the 15 minute challenge March "theme" which is to talk about your sewing.  Which I manage to do quite a bit!  Several of my co-workers have learned quite a bit about the sewing process.  And I give them lots of credit, as they appear interested most of the time!  At the same time, other than on this blog, I really don't talk sewing with that many people that actually sew.  Some of that will change this weekend, (have I mentioned I'm over-the-moon excited about this??), and we'll see what I'm feeling about it next week!

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I work in a technical field, not a lot of people talk quilting where I work, so most of my "talking" gets done on line.

    Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two is better than none; enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!