Tuesday, March 12, 2013

being an adult

Sometimes being an adult bites the big one!

There is a lot going on behind the scenes right now at my house (nothing bad, just stuff).  Some of which requires those big ole fashioned grownup decisions.  Decisions I'm still working on, the kind I'm not sleeping too well about right now because I've got pros vs. cons lists rolling over and over in my noggin.  Time is about up for some of these decisions to be finalized, so we'll see how it goes.  I'll let you know more at a later date.

Some other stuff going on behind the scenes...I've been working out like crazy.  Made the decision at the beginning of the year that I needed some changes in my health (another grownup type thing).  I quit smoking last October, and started my new eating plan and working out in January of this year.  And so far, so good.  Pretty pleased with the results.  However, it does mean that my work outs are often taking up sewing time.  I just need to reschedule some things and try to figure out how to fit it all in! 

I haven't sewn at all the past week.  I'm really missing it, so my plan right now is to get back on the 15 minute challenge wagon, and set the timer and make some room in the schedule for me to get my creativity on!  (ESPECIALLY since SEW SOUTH RETREAT is NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have a bunch to get done between now and then!)

2 comments:

  1. I guess we all struggle with those grown up decisions once in a while. I hope yours is settled soon.

    How fun to go to a sewing retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those grown up decisions, but I guess we all have to deal with them (though sometimes I still don't feel like I'm grown up enough to make some of those decisions). Hope you can come to some final answer that works out.

    When one work's outside the home and has kids, it seems to come down to doing what is good for one and the stuff that one enjoys. It's so hard to balance it all. Good for you for doing all the health improvement stuff. Too bad you can't do that for just 15 minutes a day and get anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!