Sunday, March 31, 2013

Marcelle Medallion, Part 1

Happy Easter!  We are having a very quiet Sunday here, Guy is working night shift, Girl is on Spring Break, and it's slowly raining.  So we will be quiet and cozy today.

I did get part one of my Marcelle Medallion  (<-- link is to the Liberty Love Book flickr group) quilt done yesterday (well technically it was almost 1 this morning...but it was before I went to bed, so it's still yesterday).  I am pretty sure I'm already in love with this quilt.

First up I sketched out and picked fabrics for the center medallion:


I am mostly using Comma by Zen Chic (and a few other from my stash that match) but as I tried to figure out the medallion yesterday, I decided to add some magenta (fuschia?) to the mix.  And I'm loving it!

I got all of my templates ready for the medallion pieces using freezer paper:


And then I got to ironing, cutting and stitching.  And voila:


I am in heaven with this block!  This was my first time attempting y-seams, so I was a little unsure at first, but a quick google search and review of a few tutorials out there, I just went for it!  And it worked!

And now I'm off to audition fabrics for Border 1, and to get binding on a quilt, and maybe a little paper piecing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!