Friday, April 19, 2013

I'd say I'm a lover of stripping...

But that would just sound weird!  Because it's really just about the fact that I love some mindless strip piecing.

It was raining.  I also had CNN on, and can I just say, I'm so happy for the people of Boston right now.  And that I'm praying for the victims and families of the victims.  I hope they are all able to finally sleep tonight after a long and very trying week.  My brain was in overload.  But thanks to some strip piecing, and a little bit of cutting, I have this pretty pile:


Which puts me about 25% of the way through the two quilts I am making to send to Texas.   For now it's time to take a little break.  I do have these lovelies to ponder:



We had a class on paper piecing at Sew South (taught by the fabulous Jennifer), but I haven't done any paper piecing since then.  But I've wanted to!  So I picked up the books today.  And as I flipped through them, I was a little worried...so I decided to (finally) sign up at Craftsy and take some classes.  I'm enrolled in the Mastering Foundation Paper Piecing course (taught by Carol Doak), and I was all excited to be able to immediately review the videos.  However, minor issue.  No sound.  From ANY video on the Craftsy website.  And no response (yet) on what the problem may be.  And now that is fixed and can watch the vids from my computer!

Thankfully, I downloaded the Craftsy app to my iPad and able to view the videos and HEAR them!  So I'll let you know how the class works out for me!


2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are doing some more paper piecing! I am eager to see how you like the Craftsy classes, I have been thinking of doing one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing you did last Friday. I was home in the sewing room with CNN on most of the day. It was a huge relief to hear they finally had the second suspect in custody.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!