Monday, April 8, 2013

the naming of a quilt

Soda Shoppe is what I'm calling the quilt I'm currently working on for my Girl.  When she wanted curtains, which resulted in painting her room, her wall color was inspired by fabric she chose for a new quilt...which I told her I'd make her if we painted her room...it all comes full circle.  I let her pick from my stash of Jelly Rolls and she selected Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille (LOVE this line!!!), so I suggested the gray wall color as she could coordinate ANYTHING with it!

Here is what Soda Shoppe currently looks like:


I am using a pattern by Samelia's Mum called Sugar Almonds.  I saw this on a random search of the world wide web a few days ago, and wanted to try it out. 

And now...how it was named...As I was putting the first pieces together, I couldn't help but admire the sweet colors of Vintage Modern...it kind of reminded me of a candy store.  Which for some reason made me think of the old Archie comics and Betty and Veronica.  Then I decided this quilt was definitely more a Betty than a Veronica...which some how got me thinking of the burger joint/soda shoppe that Archie and the gang used to hang out in...so then I really started to think of this quilt as having the colors of a soda shoppe...so I named it Soda Shoppe.  (Don't think on it too hard...even having to repeat my thought process left my head spinning a bit).

So there you go...how I went about naming a quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that line. I used it in a bow tie quilt a while back and it is still one of my favorites. I can't wait to see when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thought process that gave you the name. Naming quilts is hard, but I'm getting better at it with practice (and with some help from Drama Teen who can really help get the ideas rolling).

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!