Monday, April 1, 2013

Marcelle Medallion...Border 1

On this edition of my Marcelle Medallion...I added border 1:

Thankfully my medallion ended up just the right size, so that the border measurements given in the cutting instructions were spot on.  A funny story about the fabric for this border, it was originally supposed to become pajama pants during the class at Sew South.  However, I was busy working on my darn duffle, and ended up not making the pajama pants.  I was putting stuff away yesterday (shocker!!!) and had been auditioning fabrics for border 1...when I pulled this fabric out and it was a tah-dah moment!  

Now, I don't want this to turn into an overwhelmingly pink (or flowery) I am not planning on there being any pink in Border 2.  I have already picked the fabrics and will start cutting them out later this week. 

That's all for now! 


  1. Love your fabric choices! It's going to be awesome. And you can still make some pajama pants, just saying. 😉

  2. Don't you just love when things turn out the way they should. I love you fabric choices. Can't wait to see more.

  3. Beautiful medallion. Love those bright colors!


thank you for taking the time to comment!