Sunday, December 23, 2012

a few finishes...

A final post on a few of the finishes...first up...Rainbow Strings:

(pics taken when we were in Indiana, and it was very very cold and very very windy, thankfully Girl and Guy "volunteered" to help me out!...had a blast and a huge giggle taking these!):





and finally...an "official" pic:



Details:
Fabric - assorted from my stash, Quilters Cotton in Manatee and a black sateen
Pattern - figured it out myself, wanted the size to finish the same as Rainbow Scraps
Thread - piecing: Gutterman, quilting: Mettler Metrosene
Batting - Warm n' Natural

Next up: Strawberry Swoon

Strawberry Swoon was first started way back in October 2011.  I finished 3 of the 4 blocks...and then put it all away (I think I was distracted by something else!).  So when it was crunch time on the Christmas quilts...I pulled the blocks out to see what I had left to do:

and got to work!

Girl helped me decide to go ahead and do the pieced sashing and border, and I love how it came out.  I think the binding (same as the backing) helped pull it all together.

Details:
Fabric - Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree, Kona Cotton in Corn for backing and binding, background fabric unknown (I just can't remember).
Pattern - Swoon by Camille Roskelley
Thread - Gutterman for piecing, Mettler Metrosene for quilting
Batting - Warm n' Natural

and that's that for now...hoping to get a quilt bound tonight so that it can be gifted tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh pretty! The rainbow scraps turned out beautifully! Love your Strawberry Swoon too. That one is on my to do list for this year (maybe).

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment!