Monday, December 10, 2012

the thread was flying!

I posted on Saturday this lovely list of quilts I am hoping to gift this year...the update after a weekend sewing bonanza is in red (black is the status as of Saturday morning when the post was originally written; pics via instagram (lesleyworth).
  1. Rainbow scrap quilt - DONE
  2. Rainbow strings quilt - need to add borders to the remaining 3 sides, quilt top done, backing made, basted
  3. California girl - quilted, needs to be bound
  4. B's quilt - fabric is cut and piecing has started, quilt top done, backing made, basted
  5. G's quilt - nothing (I think I know what pattern i'm going to use, need to select fabric) fabric selected, piecing in progress
  6. J's quilt - nothing (but I may have a plan for this one that will make life a little easier), dug out the 3 Strawberry Swoon blocks (last heard from in November 2011), made the 4th block, finished quilt top
  7. N's quilt - newly added to the list, Girl was worried I was leaving someone out, so we'll see if this one gets done!  fabric selected and cut, piecing in progress

and my deadline is still 12/18!  and I'm thinking B's quilt may become N's quilt...and N's quilt become B's quilt.  I'm also thinking that I will need to name them soon to make it a lot easier to kepe track of!   I may have lost my mind...but man oh man...did I have fun this weekend!  I'm just hoping I can keep myself motivated and the energy high until they are all done!  One thing that made all of this easier was I stuck to ONE thread color.  Usually I switch thread colors every quilt (to whatever blends in best).  Nope...I've had the same neutral loaded in my machine all weekend, and until it's time to quilt something...it will stay the same neutral!   This made it possible to chain piece like there was no tomorrow...and I was able to work on multiple quilts at the same time!


 and that's it for now!  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!