Monday, December 3, 2012

Amy Butler Cameo Sew-a-long...my Grand Finale!

I had a lot of fun making this bag!  I was so thrilled to take this stack:

and find something lovely to make with i (FANTASTIC pattern, so easy to follow!  the instructions were great):

and end up with a gorgeous (at least in my eyes!) finished project:

(LOVE that tree!!!)

and from the other side:

and the inside:

and here I was auditioning a button...still haven't decided on a button...

and modeled by Girl:

And...just because I didn't want my other cameo fabrics to feel too left out...I made myself a little (14x14) Cameo pillow:

Because you always need pillows!  Especially PRETTY PILLOWS!!

If you missed any of the adventures I had getting to this finished bag...take a look at the following posts:

Episode 1: the beginning
Episode 2: Fabric auditions and cutting
Episode 3: On the Bias
Episode 4: putting it together

I had a blast making this bag...and pillow...and I still have a bit of Cameo left over!  So what shall I work on next???

Details:
Fabric - Cameo by Amy Butler, Kona Ash
Batting (pillow) - Warm n' White
Interfacing (bag) - Heat n' Bond (medium weight and fusible fleece)
Thread - Mettler
Pattern - Reversible Bucket Bag by Lisa Lam 


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to comment!